Laughter is an important part of the human experience. Too often we fail to find something funny or take the time to just laugh. Below is something I found in a church bulletin that made me laugh and just realize how often we take ourselves far too serious.
A 1st grade school teacher had twenty-five students in her class. She presented each child in her classroom the 1st half of a well-known saying and asked them to come up with the remainder of the saying. Their insights may surprise you. While reading, keep in mind that these are first-graders, 6-year-olds.
1. Don't change horses...until they stop running.
2. Strike while the...bug is close.
3. It's always darkest before...Daylight Saving Time.
4. Never underestimate the power of...termites.
5. You can lead a horse to water but...How?
6. Don't bite the hand that...looks dirty.
7. No news is...impossible.
8. A miss is as good as a...Mr.
9. You can't teach an old dog new...Math.
10. If you lie down with dogs, you'll...stink in the morning.
11. Love all, trust...Me.
12. The pen is mightier than the...pigs.
13. An idle mind is...the best way to relax.
14. Where there's smoke there's...pollution.
15. Happy the bride who...gets all the presents.
16. A penny saved is...not much.
17. Two's company, three's...the Musketeers.
18. Don't put off till tomorrow what...you put on to go to bed.
19. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and...You have to blow your nose.
20. There are none so blind as...Stevie Wonder.
21. Children should be seen and not...spanked or grounded.
22. If at first you don't succeed...get new batteries.
23. You get out of something only what you...see in the picture on the box.
24. When the blind lead the blind...get out of the way.
25. A bird in the hand...is going to make a mess on you.